Thursday, August 28, 2008

Exercise # 20 E-Books

Amazon kindle books had 183,643 results

"Brisingr" by Christopher Paolini is only US $9.99 or NZ $14.00 to buy.

I found Michael Connelly has new book.

The Brass Verdict by Michael Connelly (Kindle Edition - Oct 14, 2008) - Kindle Book
Buy: $9.99
Available for Pre-order. This item will be released on Oct 14, 2008.
Other Editions: Hardcover

I would still rather read the papercopy.

I think Project Gutenberg is an incredible site. I went into the Top 100 Yesterday page and found "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" by Lewis Carroll. Easy to navigate.

LibriVox provides free audiobooks from the public domain. Easily found the title I wanted.

I found Google Book search was the easiest to use. There were lovely illustrations in "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" by Lewis Carroll and John Tenniel.

http://books.google.com/books?id=zIxGXrR8bgEC&printsec=frontcover&dq=alice%27s+adventures+in+wonderland&as_brr=1&ei=oiboSOCeNYLysQPprrXxBg&sig=ACfU3U0_cISPuJSnRU4yYvAr1jpzE2fipQ#PPP1,M1

No comments:

This is my first post.

I have been so nervous about setting this up.
Do hope it works. It feels like I have spent hours on this computer!!!